Hi Everyone. We wanted to take a minute to share some resources with you that might help you get organized with any professional development you want to be doing right now. We also hope you are taking the time for yourselves though and allowing yourselves to say “no” to some things.
- There is still plenty of time to submit your ideas for the ACRL-NM Summer 2020 Virtual Speaker Event, submissions are due May 31, 2020. See details and fill out the form here.
- The 2021 ACRL conference is still being planned for April 14-17, in Seattle, WA. Next year theme is Ascending into An Open Future. Information on conference submissions and the appropriate forms can be found here. The fall submission deadline for Lightning Talks, Posters, Roundtables, TechConnects, and Webcasts is October 9, 2020.
- If you are looking for important materials to review, you can find more information on the latest initiatives taken on by ACRL Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion committee here and here.
- If you are wanting to learn more about how to build a cohesive library ecosystem within your work for library advocacy you might want to take a look at the Ecosystems Task Force – tool kit. This kit provides guidelines on how academic, public, and school libraries may work together to get funding for future programs.
- You can also check out free webinars available for chapters via ACRL online learning and see the ACRLog for more opportunities.
Please let us know if there is anything else you might be looking for at this time and stay safe!