Here are our ACRL-NM goals for 2020!
Icon by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Goal 1. Boost our members – this is the overarching point of our mission: “Build a community of support and development for academic librarians.”
- Re-establish chapter activities and communication.
Goal 2. Provide members sustainable professional development and research support.
- Sponsor a local speaker at the NMLA Mini/Annual Conference.
- Offer 2 free ACRL webinars – We will send out a poll in spring and fall with upcoming webinars to see what folks are most interested in attending and who wants to host a webinar viewing site.
- ACRL RoadShow – when new 2020 offerings are posted, we will send a poll to vote on which program members want to bring for the NMLA 2020 Annual Conference.
Goal 3. Foster communication and collaboration among members.
- Officers are working on setting up group communication systems.
- Maintain the blog & consider upgrading our account.
- Establish a Twitter presence.
- Consider collaborative platforms including Slack & Zoom.
- Begin local Member Spotlight blog posts.
We will be sending out calls to participate in our 2020 goals and objectives throughout the year, and we are excited to get to work with you.
Alyssa, Kelleen, and Monika